Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 13 10 8:41 PM

Tags : :

This is a big problem I have when I am riding people in cars talking on the dam phone.This is what happen when someone was talking and pulled out on a biker.

Subject: Her last call was from a mobile phone.....

Sometimes only a picture can get our attention!
Her last call was from a ...
Do you see the motorcycle?
Now do you see it?
Motorcycle inside Volkswagen 1
Motorcycle inside Volkswagen 2
Motorcycle inside Volkswagen 3
Motorcycle inside Volkswagen 4
The Honda crotch rocket rider was traveling at approximately 85 mph. The VW driver was talking on a cell phone when she pulled out from a side street, apparently not seeing the motorcycle. The riders reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident.
The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them.
The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 20 feet from where the collision took place.
All three involved (two in the car and the bike rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Motorcycle Fair by the Police and Road Safety Department. Pass this on to car drivers or soon to be new drivers, or new motorcycle owners
AND ESPECIALLY EVERYONE YOU KNOW WHO HAS A CELL PHONE!!!!!
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Save a lifeā€¦
Stop talking on and Texting while trying to drive.
The life you save may be your own...or mine.
Keep passing this on so everyone will see what can happen by using a CELL PHONE while driving

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

prop

regular

#3 [url]

Jul 15 10 7:09 AM

I've had a couple of them walking while talking and walk right out in front of me without looking. One I'm sure never did see me or even know I was there.

Ride Hard

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 6 11 1:56 PM

People in NY will be fined up to $500.00 for this offense.

Boot NRR Admin/Advisor Please remember, I am a Biker, You can ride with me, pray with me, make memories with me, defend our lifestyle with me, BUT DON'T FUCK WITH ME!!! And never mistake my kindness for weakness.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 10 11 10:23 PM

This is the biggest threat to bikers,....I see problems on an almost daily basis here in Florida,....which
has shit drivers to begin with,...
JC

48 + on the wheel, darkside believer

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Sep 18 11 8:42 AM

Tragic but all too often the case.  It's a big problem.  ABATE of Florida has these triangular magnetic signs warming against texting and driving, etc.  It is an awareness getter, but the pictures says it all.

Ride like the wind.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#9 [url]

Sep 18 11 2:17 PM

Tragic, seen too much of this from friends across the country.  Another big accident involving "stopped" motorcycles and a big truck happened out in Arizona last year. The news video shows a very crazy scene.
http://www.azcentral.com/community/northvalley/articles/2010/03/25/20100325phoenix-motorcycle-crash-abrk.html
All these stories and images are the reason I myself have been looking into ABATE here in Arkansas so that I may see what I can do to raise the awareness of other motorists to pay attention to bikes!  My whole family rides and would hate to see something like this happen to us while out for a day ride.

Ride Free and Safe RazorJ Arkansas Misfits NRR NRR Advisor-Arkansas

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Oct 6 11 7:53 AM

Being struck while stopped is always foremost on my mind.  I'm always in gear and looking into my rearview mirror.  I live in a town with a University in it and there is alot of cell phone usage both predestrian and drivers.  Keep alert out there one and all.

Richard
Blackphoenixrising Chapter

Ride like the wind.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

May 22 12 2:58 PM

My sis-in-law rear ended me back in the 80s.  We had all been out to dinner and my wife's sisters were going riding with us.  My wife in the lead with one sister on her bike.  I was following on my bike, 2nd sister following in her car.  We were headed to her place to drop off car.  For some reason stop sign was about 10 feet high and of 3 vehicles I was only one noticing it.  My wife ran it, I stopped then heard screech of brakes.  Seemed like brakes screeched for about 30 seconds, but I didn't have time to take off, until I got a bit of a  shove.  Called cop to write accident report for ins.  He asked if I wanted her to get ticket.  I said no, so he wrote report (he commented on how high stop sign was).  We pried saddle bag away from exhaust, took her car home and went riding.  No cell phones back then, but there's  always somebody around to ram you in the ass.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jun 30 12 7:44 AM

Shit I had an older lady around 70ish run into me about a week ago. I was sitting at a light minding my own biz. I was in the turning lane well the way the road is she couldn't quite get around me, but she kept easing up and easing up I looked back at her like she was crazy and she stopped well I truned back around and continued to wait on the light to change. About a min later my bike tried to run out from up under me I snaped around and the older lady had clipped the back of my saddle bag trying to get around me and wasn't even paying attention she was looking at the passenger side of her car talking on the phone...lol I started yelling at her and she slamed on the brakes. I was mad as Hell but I did my best to calm myself made sure everything was ok with the bike then proceeded to go to talk to her, you know that crazy bitch hit the gas went through the grass and hauled ass from the area...HAHA. It kind of lightened the mood because it made me laugh. Anyways Yea I cant stand people that talk on the phone when they are driving bad things happen.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jul 17 12 5:04 PM

I like the idea where car manufac's have to limit the gadgets on the dash.  That should help somewhat in the future.

Ride like the wind.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help